Monday, March 10, 2014

"How good do we look on a scale of 9-10"

(names have been changed)

Dearest Family,

I didn't hear from as many of you this week. You all still alive out there? ;) I've learned so much this week. I always share little experiences and such but ask me some questions so I can know what you want to hear about :)

Man sending your best friend home is emotional! Poor S May, she doesn't want to leave at all, I feel like both of our hearts were heavy this week and probably will only be heavier in this last week. We still are working as hard as we can to make every second count.

Update on investigators: Valerie was supposed to be baptized on the 8th but we taught her Word of Wisdom. We didn't see her at all this week but we are really trying to get back in contact with her. It breaks my heart because she knows that this is true and loves the Savior but Satan just threw all this junk at her right before her baptism. Keep her in your prayers if you can :)

Mary and Sonny were supposed to be baptized this coming Saturday but there were some setbacks. They are still so on board, converted, and fellowshipped, we just need to postpone it one or two more weeks. I can't remember if I told you this about them: They have a really hard time getting pregnant and finally last year they did and they had a miscarriage so teaching them the Plan of Salvation was the best feeling ever. They are so excited to now know that they can see their child and live with them forever. When we taught the law of Chastity Mary said, "I've always wondered if the reason we haven't been able to get pregnant is because we weren't quite doing it the way God wanted." I really thought about that and came to the conclusion that God wasn't punishing them, but now that they will be married and keeping God's commandments, think of the amazing miracles that will happen for them :)

Awesome things are happening in the Roanoke (not the name) ward, after about 3 months here it is starting to be a little bit more like M. Ward as far as member involvement. We have a member with us almost every single hour that we are out working. S May and I really wanted to get 40 lessons but we calculated that we only have 35 hours a week of actual working time because of all the meetings we have every week. technically we could do it if we did half hour lessons but that would be silly. Numbers are important but quality over quantity.

Every week I learn more and more about God's love. He loves us so incredibly much. If there is ever a moment when I am sad or stressed I know without a doubt that the answer is prayer. I can always turn to my Heavenly Father so I instantly fold my arms and bow my head at any moment of the day. I wish I could express how much I love being a missionary. I love getting up every morning at 6:30. I love kneeling down to pray and study everyday at 8. I love going out into the world to share the gospel and my testimony at 10 am. I love feeling the spirit which always tells us what to say. I love making mistakes and laughing at them. I just love laughing period! I love eating at 5pm, who doesn't love eating. I love my companion, doesn't matter what we are doing, we are happy and feeling the spirit. I love coming home at 9, planning until 9:30, talking nonstop until 10:20 then jumping in my PJs and kneeling down to pray again at 10:30. I love snuggling up in my blankets after a hard days work. Most importantly I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He lives and is my Redeemer. I have total faith that through Him I can be saved. Everyone listen up! No matter what you've done, Heavenly Father loves you and His grace is sufficient, He wants you back so have faith and repent :)

Please please please, share the gospel with boldness this week. And, again, I would love more questions so my emails can be more directed :)


<3Sister Knowlton

No comments:

Post a Comment